Wednesday 1 June 2011

Day 4: Newtown

The weather brightened up a little yesterday so I decided to head up to Newtown (a few stops in land from central station, Sydney) to check out the quirky boutiques and vintage/charity shops. Coming from the Europe, we do have our fair share of these types of shopping destinations but it's always nice to see what treasures you can find in other continents. I found a lot of good quality vintage, in particular Chinese garments, denim and Red Indian styles, I felt like I was in vintage heaven. I took some photos in the shops I would recommend.

Australian Red Cross








C's Flashback


There were also a lot of basically random shops up and down Kings Street mingled between the vintage, designer and boutiques. I can remember the name of these stores but I found some interesting pieces amongst the bric-a-brac.

Elvis 4 Cleo is a boutique store on Kings Street selling mainly Australian designers. The collection of brands was eclectic and quirky selling both men’s and womenswear. My favorite item in the store was a long cream maxi dress with an embroided Native American design by Wildfox.



































































Sylvia, the manager at Elvis 4 Cleo tells me about the brand and where the name originated from but I’ll let you guys figure that one out. I would like to say a big Thanks to Sylvia for today :)





No comments:

Post a Comment